Smith Mountain Lake Home Tour
16430 Booker T Washington Hwy
Moneta, Virginia 24121
On Columbus Day weekend, October 6-8, visitors may tour eight spectacular waterfront residences, ranging from a comfy cottage to a 9,200-square foot stately home. Four of the homes are located in Franklin County and four are in Bedford County. The Smith Mountain Lake Charity Home Tour is the only event of its kind in the nation that allows visitors to access all homes by car or boat. It offers tour visitors many great ideas for decorating, remodeling and landscaping, as well as a look at lake-living lifestyles.
The 2017 Home Tour features five homes on the Roanoke River and three on the Blackwater River.
- Allen Home, 103 Bay Terrance, Huddleston
- Cromwell Home, 8991 Burnt Chimney Road, Wirtz
- Holmes Home, 204 Woodland Terrance, Huddleston
- Lassiter Home, 331 Upland Shores Drive, Penhook
- Lohr Home, 27 Navigation Point, Moneta
- Nguyen Home, 228 Deerwood Drive, Moneta
- Mischel Home, 127 Atlantic Avenue, Moneta
- Sowers Home, 625 Winding Water Street, Moneta
Tickets available online, select ticket outlets, by mail or at any of the featured homes on the day of the event. The annual fundraising event, now in its 27th year, will benefit eight local charities. Tour homes are open rain or shine.
Start the tour at the Smith Mountain Lake Visitor Center, where you’ll find more information about the area.